Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pre-U And Uni Woes, Oh My.

Just a quick post before dinner. Just spent the past 3 hours researching what top-tier unis from the US want when I apply to be admitted.

Dear Lord, how will I ever get in?!?! DDDD:

They consider your high school results. M y results are average, if not below that standard. But according to Deb, they place more emphasis on your SATs, so that's abit of hope for me.

And not to mention I need to complete a Pre-U course first. Of course the generic plan was to do A-Levels, but that would so wrong for me on so many levels:

It's totally exam based. I can't stick exams. Have you seen how badly I did in school?
I'll waste another year of my life, because I'll be taking the July intake, and therefore have to wait six months to aply for uni.
Sure I could go for the January intake, but hello? No freedom at all! I'll do even worse, kthx.
A-levels are the hardest Pre-U course in the world. It'll be SPM all over again. No, thank you.
More memorising. More studying. More pressure and stress.

I'm considering the Candian Pre-U, but is it even accepted worldwide? I mean, yeah, it says so, but one can't be too sure about this. But I really like the way they teach. I mean, 70% coursework, and only 30% exams. I'm confident that I'll do better in this lorh. Not to mention, the dude from the CPU program at Taylor's was extremely convincing.

SO HOW?!

My whole future is at stake. Save me. D:

0 comments: